Sunday, April 12, 2009

Post 9: Procrastination

Hello, world! How is everything going? I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter weekend, I know mines has been pretty good, but I still have work to do. It's been a minute since I've hit you off with a brand new and exciting blog from yours truly, but I've been elsewhere in the internet world, really trying to find myself. So far, so bad [I've missed the ventilation freedom from blogging].

In the meantime, I've been trying to get my schoolwork done as well. It's coming down to the close of the semester and I'm trying to maintain the good grades that I actually have. It's been a pretty quick-moving semester, but I've held in there for the toughest parts of it. I've also learned how to be a better writer and more oratorical. So far, so bad, but it'll get better, I hope.

Sidenote: Chicken wings and white rice, sounds really good right now!

Anywho, on to other things. Since I came to school back in Fall 2005, I've had this issue with turning in schoolwork on-time [on-time in college means - anytime before the deadline]. I'm a procrastinator at heart. I can't even front about how many times I've waited til the very last minute to do an assignment. I don't understand why I can't just do what needs to be done on time. It's an addiction that I can't help and I can't understand why I procrastinate. Honestly, I think it's just me being lazy, but I work well under pressure when an assignment is due. I believe that I would have better grades, and a higher GPA, if I didn't procrastinate. I know a lot of people go through this, especially in college, but it's a major issue for me. I just can't seem to get it together.

So, to my fellow bloggers, I leave you with these words. If you're a procrastinator, you need to go and buy yourself a calendar. When you find yourself a calendar, mark the date for a due assignment. Not only that, you should mark a due date for "yourself". Sounds weird? It is weird! Sometimes you have to be self-disciplined. You have to set aside minor priorities and focus on what's most important. Right now, I should be doing an assignment for a class project, but guess where I'm at? Here, on Blogger! I'm gonna practice what I preach...as soon as I leave here!

Yours truly,
Justin J. Cunningham aka Loyalty

No comments: