Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Post 4: Poetry

Hey, what's up world? How are you guys doing? Hope all is well with you! I know we're in the midst of a recession, the economy is looking sour, people are dying for food in 3rd world countries, police brutality is at an alarming rate as we speak, but with that being said...I'm still the best-looking black man on the entire planet. Get it correct!

Real talk, it's been a minute since I've done one of these, and I'm so happy to be back right now venting with the rest of the internet world through blogs and whatnot. Yes, "whatnot" is a word...at least to me. This is the only time where I can actually vent for a bit and let all of the "Internet Buzzards" out there know exactly how I'm feeling, with the understanding that you all really care about how I feel...don't you? If you don't, you suck and I wish bad luck on your ass!

Topic of discussion for today: Poetry! This is my disclaimer. I'm not one of those sappy-ass, wordy, redundant poets who scream a bunch of bullshit. I'm realistic. I like the realism in poetry and the fact that it comes from the heart. When I recite poems, I don't do it to get the ooh's and ahh's, I do it to ventilate and release my frustrations. Now, with that being said...I love poetry. My only issue with poetry is is that I don't have the proper poetic work ethic that other poets have. I don't write poems every single day, but I think of good things to say or talk about. I used to sit down and think of things to say, and how to anunciate effectively so I could write it down, but I hate writing things down, so it sits in my head and chills by itself, until I forget it. Yet, I love poetry and the realism which is encompassed within the art form.

Poetry isn't as easy as some people make it out to be, but at the same time, poetry isn't as hard as MOST people make it out to be. Some people think that just because they are great writers in many situations that you can just pick up a pen and paper and be a poet. Writing a poem and articulating is two different things. Creating a vivid imagery of real life is not that easy. Some people write descriptive, rhyme and knowledgeable poetry, which is cool, but at the same time, if you can't articulate your thoughts to a very broad, receptive audience, then it's gonna be a tough task. Same thing with people who think poetry is tough. It all boils down to inspiration and intention, in my opinion. If you want to express your feelings and emotions poetically, there is nothing that's going to stand in your way of doing so. The universe gives you unlimited resources and power to express however you'd like to. There isn't a such thing as being good at the shit, you just gotta at least have an intention, a message, and the dedication. That's just my opinion, nothing factual.

...That's about it for today. Tune in tomorrow for more.

I haven't officially gave my planet a name yet, but I'm working on it though. Bear with me!

1 comment:

From the heart said...

you posted the link on fb and I was signed in so I decided to be nosey & say...hi!

So hiiiiii Justin!